Esse Acne Trial
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Esse is looking for 30 candidates to participate in our 60-day Acne trial. If you have severe acne, are willing to try new products, and can stop using other cosmetic products during the trial period, then you are welcome to apply. There are no age or gender requirements – anyone may apply.
All participates will receive skin microbiome sequencing and access to the Esse Microbiome platform (https://microbiome.esseskincare.com) worth 2000kr. In addition, participates will receive 2000kr worth of product to use during the trial and will receive special gifts including Esse products or vouchers upon successful completion of the trial. Terms & conditions apply (see below).
As a leading organic biotechnology brand, Esse skincare has been using probiotics and prebiotics in organic formulations help to restore the balance on skin. We actively research the application of new probiotic species and delivery methods to combat ageing, acne and optimise skin health. The acne products which you will trial are the culmination of nearly 20 years of research and experience in the skincare industry. Esse does not subscribe to the norms of the skincare industry and the products take a completely different scientific approach to treating acne which you would not have had access to before. Initial trials of the products showed visible improvement to skin condition in all candidates. We are now looking to run a larger trial group to test the products.
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS & PROCESS
You will need to continuously use the products for 60 days.
You will be required to use the products daily.
You will be required to submit three photos a before, 1 month and 2 months so we can track your progress. These photos will need to be taken in the same location, lighting conditions, and time of day.
You will be required to perform a skin swab before starting the trial and upon completion of the trial. Swabs will need to be sent back to Esse for sequencing.
You will be required to complete multiple questionnaires designed to track your progress throughout the trial.
You will be required to communicate via email and text messaging during the trial.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Only candidates who can complete the 60-day trial will be considered. To be eligible for the gifts you will be required to complete all surveys, submitting approved photos, and replying to any questions asked in a timely fashion. Daily compliance for the full 60 days will also be a requirement. Non-compliance of these factors will affect the data and will disqualify a candidate from finishing the trial.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE TRIAL
To apply for the Esse Acne trial, please complete the form below. Ensure that all fields are completed, and that the photo requirements are met.
Guidelines for taking photos:
1. If possible, get someone to help you take the photos. This is essential unless you have access to a ring light or tripod. If you have assistance, taking the photos shouldn’t take more than 2 minutes.
2. If you have long hair or hair that covers any part of your face, please tie it up so that your full face and forehead is clearly visible.
3. The best time to take a photo would be in the morning after washing your face with water but before any products have been applied.
4. Stand in front of a plain simple background, avoid using dark backgrounds.
5. Avoid standing directly under an overhead light as this cast’s shadows. Ideally the light source should be behind the camera or in front of you.
6. Take 5 photos. Start in the left side position and move 45 degrees at a time. You need to submit the following a 90-degree left image, a 45-degree left image, a frontal image, a 45-degree right image and a 90-degree right image.
7. Make sure your head fills up as much of the space for the image as possible.